Wednesday, July 1, 2009



During the Middle Ages, the Muslims respected calligraphy as the highest art form because the Qur'an was written in Arabic and it repre

sented the word of God. So calligraphy decorated the mosques and holy books of Islam. Writing was not only an artistic expression, it was a religious expression as well.

Over the centuries Arabic calligraphy expanded to include different styles of writing. Just like in English where there are many kinds of handwriting (printing, cursive, and even "graffiti style" writing), many respected writing styles in Arabic developed.

The typical tools for a calligrapher included reed and brush pens, scissors, a knife for cutting the pens, an ink pot, and a sharpening tool. The reed pens were from 9.5 to 12 inches in length with a diameter of about a half-inch.

So I worked as you can see on an Arabic Calligraphy in Adobe illustrator, I used the Blob Brush tool mostly. When I first started it was a little bit hard ,but it was getting easy as I'm working on it. I did it with a black background ,but when I uploaded it it changed the color to grey I have no idea why.

(STUDY)

No comments: